Why Hoteliers should be Blogging Now ?
Hoteliers are investing a good amount in creating awesome Hotel websites and some really incredible videos and photos. This gives a very good impression of the Hotel, however one time effort does not necessarily translate into higher rankings on search engine or virality of the activities on the website. Blogging on the other hand is a fantastic way to get more direct and relevant traffic to your website.
Blogging has still not gained enough attention from Hotelier or Hotel Marketing professional and this is largely due to its time consuming, needs professional writing skills and has to be done on regular basis.
Here are Top 5 Reasons why a Hotelier should be writing a blog for his Hotel
- A Blog has the potential of generating more direct traffic to website. One the blog is published; hotelier should also be submitting the blog on multiple blog directories and RSS sites.
- Help travelers to make informed booking decision. Hotelier can write specific blogs about season, festival, good time to visit, what to do and what not to do.
- A well written blog posted on social media platform has the potential of getting more eyeballs rather than just a plain destination or hotel picture. It also boost your social media presence and more likes.
- Smart use of key words in blogs can help you increase your search engine rankings as more weightage is give to fresh & relevant content posted frequently.
- Blog is good platform to engage with the customers; one should make sure comments are replied personally.
A Blog need to not to be technical or extensive but the focus should be on writing an engaging or relevant content for the customers –Hotel’s guest. Topics may vary from activities at hotel, places to see, local festivals, a wedding or an event hosted by hotel or a simple food festival organised by Hotel. The idea is to write fresh and relevant content and smart use of keywords to push your search engine ranking.
Market My Hotel has started providing blogging support to all its existing client and it has helped them to position and communicate the hotel branding more effectively.