Instagram Best Practices to Boost Hotel Business through Social Media
A picture is worth more than 1000 words and who better understands this than an Instagram user. Instagram happens to be the fastest social media network to reach 100 million monthly users, owing to its simplicity and minimalism & around 48% of Instagram users use the platform to plan vacations or choose travel destination.
So if you are a Hotelier and you have just joined Instagram to boost Hotel Business through Social Media or visibility of your Property – few basic immediate questions that will come to your mind is – How do I get more people look at the photos that I posted on my profile? How do I get more and more followers? How to increase number of likes on my stuff? When to post – what to post and how often should I post on Instagram ?
There are some basic Do’s & Dont’s that you need to follow to build traction to your Hotel’s Instagram profile.
- Consistent posting – to engage customers post interesting things at-least daily.
- Research, create and use Hashtags – Hashtags can push your posts and attract more exposure, think about relevant hashtags and use them consistently. e .g. #travel, #budgethotel #awesomeplacetostay.
- Geotagging – This will help hotel content to go as location feed and also show up in relevant local searches.
- Turn keywords into hash tags – Explore your website and identify what keywords are you using on your website, on blogs and other social media posts.
- Leverage content from Hotel guest – User generated content can be good source of content for a hotel to be used for Instagram.
- Highlight activities on Instagram – try and focus on activities that a guest would like to do at your hotel or at the destination.
- Find related hash tags – by do research on your field competitor’s Post, website analysis, events, campaign.
- Number of hash tags – Use hashtags but not more than 30. Instagram may reject your content if tags are more.
- Track mentions – Use the “tags” and “places” filters to search for images tagged with your hotel name.
- Cram too many hash tags into one message it will decrease your post relevancy.
- Make hash tags too long will decrease efficiency of your hashtag.
- Hash tag every word in your caption/messaging.
- Break your hash tag with symbols like “&” , Example:- #Hotles&Travels.
While Instagram can easily be managed but to get the best out of it, you need to devise a strategy and take actions on a consistent basis. If you are looking for professionals to manage your Hotel’s social media accounts, boost visibility of pages and boost Hotel Business through Social Media then subscribe to SocialPAGE program of MarketMyHotel.in -India’s best Hotel Marketing Company. For more details write to email@example.com
If you can think of any other tips to attract tons of followers to your hotel’s Instagram account, do comment in the section below, we will be happy to interact with you.